La ortodonciaes un tratamiento dental indispensable para garantizar la salud dental de muchos pacientes.
Do you think that having orthodontics as an adult has only esthetic advantages?
Advantages of Orthodontics
Thanks to orthodontic treatment, there are several advantages you can have with a correct alignment of your teeth:
- Improve the esthetics of your smile and face. The main objective of orthodontics is fully functional, but it also allows to improve the patient’s esthetics. Having a beautiful smile is possible thanks to the dental movements generated by the dental appliance.
- Facilitate masticatory function. Did you know that people who chew poorly, eat poorly and have more health problems? Orthodontic treatment restores masticatory function, improving the quality of life of patients.
- Prevent and help correct jaw joint problems. Dental malposition that generates imbalances in the patient’s oral structure is one of the most frequent causes of discomfort and even chronic headaches.
- To facilitate hygiene and improve dental position. Dental malposition and crowding favor the formation of bacterial plaque in the patient’s mouth, the cause of the most common dental and periodontal problems. With orthodontics, the possible occurrence of gum problems such as periodontitis or pyorrhea or the formation of dental caries is reduced.
- Move teeth to the ideal position to facilitate other dental treatments such as dentures or dental implants. In some cases, orthodontics is essential to ensure the effectiveness of subsequent treatment, greatly improving the final results.
Types of Orthodontics
As experts in orthodontics in Granada,we have several types available for patients depending on their dental and personal conditions and their own preferences.
Invisalign is the invisible orthodontic technique of choice for many adults. chosen by many adults because, unlike all other types of orthodontics, it does not use brackets. Its main advantages are:
They are clear aligners, which makes them virtually unnoticeable to the naked eye.
It does not cause chafing and adapts perfectly to the surface of the teeth. As there are no brackets, there is no sensation of pressure on the teeth and the chafing and sores common to orthodontic braces with non-self-ligating brackets are avoided.
Ease of hygiene
It is removable, being possible to remove it to facilitate oral hygiene. Since the aligners are not fixed, they can be removed to eat or brush your teeth, which helps to reduce the presence of food debris in the orthodontics.
The results we achieve with Invisalign are the same as those achieved with braces, as long as the treatment is performed by an orthodontic specialist.
The brackets are placed on the inside of the teeth, making this the most invisible orthodontic technique. Lingual orthodontics is the only 100% invisible orthodontics. The brackets are custom-made for each patient after a digital design of the occlusion and smile. Dr. Jose Maria Bolinches Hernanz is a specialist in Lingual Orthodontics by the Complutense University of Madrid.
The sapphire brackets offer better esthetics than metal brackets. They are transparent brackets placed on the outside of the teeth, which mimic the color of the patient’s teeth and are joined together by orthodontic archwires. Sapphire brackets are characterized as an esthetic treatment option, avoiding the appearance of too much metal in the mouth.
The self-ligating brackets are a type of orthodontics whose main difference with respect to conventional brackets is that they do not have ligatures. Self-ligating brackets are composed of:
- Fixed part: It is attached to the surface of the teeth.
- Removable part: This is a cover that holds the archwire, avoiding the use of ligatures (necessary in conventional brackets) that increase friction and hinder the movement of the teeth.
The self-ligating brackets brackets have a number of advantages advantages over conventional brackets:
- Improved oral hygiene,since the retention of food debris is much lower.
- Reduction of pain on tooth movement. In addition, chafing in the patient’s mouth is reduced.
- Decrease in the duration of clinic appointments. in the clinic. The number, duration and frequency of appointments decrease with self-ligating brackets.
- Increased speed of tooth movement due to low friction. As a result, the duration of orthodontic treatment is shorter than with conventional brackets.
All types of anterior orthodontics are effective and serve to achieve the patient’s desired results. In our dental clinic in Granada, after thoroughly analyzing the patient’s dental structure and obtaining a diagnosis, we decide together with the patient the ideal type of orthodontics for him/her.
If you want to wear orthodontics in Granada, Dr. José María Bolinches Hernanz is a Specialist in Orthodontics, responsible for the area of orthodontics in clinic Noguerol.
- Degree in Dentistry from the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM).
- Master’s Degree in Orthodontics from the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM).
- Master’s Degree in Lingual Orthodontics from the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM).
- Specialist in INVISALIGN invisible orthodontic technique.
- Member of Scientific Societies of Orthodontics: AESOR, SEDO, SEDA.