In today’s post we tell you what to consider when choosing the most suitable adult orthodontics for you. Don’t miss it!
Gone is the belief that orthodontics is only for children. There is no age to improve the esthetics and functionality of teeth, and orthodontics is the most effective conservative treatment to correct malocclusion. Butwhat is the best orthodontics for adults?
Here are some questions to consider in order to make the best choice.
How to choose the best orthodontics for adults?
Choosing the best orthodontics for adults depends on several factors, including the nature of the malocclusion (dental alignment problem), the patient’s needs and the orthodontist’s recommendations.
- Consultation with an orthodontist. To choose the best orthodontics for adults, it is essential to make an appointment with an orthodontist. This is the dentist who specializes in evaluating the position of the teeth, performing a complete examination and providing personalized recommendations based on the specific needs of each individual.
- Aesthetics. Nowadays there are several orthodontic treatments, so it is easier to find the most suitable for our lifestyle. If esthetics is important to you, you can resort to invisible orthodontics, lingual orthodontics or ceramic brackets.
- Comfort of use. Each orthodontic appliance requires a different type of care and use. For example, braces require a period of adaptation and may be more difficult to clean. While clear aligners offer comfort and can be removed during meals and brushing, it is also important to be consistent and responsible.
- Adult orthodontic pricing. Depending on your budget, you will also find different alternatives. For example, traditional braces treatment is less expensive than invisible orthodontics or lingual braces.
Remember that each case is unique, and the choice of the best adult orthodontics will depend on your individual needs. An orthodontist will be your best ally to help you make an informed decision and guide you through the treatment process.
Types of orthodontics
These are the main types of orthodontics for adults:
- Traditional metal braces: Metal braces are the most common orthodontic treatment, but especially during childhood and adolescence. Although they are more noticeable than other options, they are effective in treating a wide range of malocclusions and are usually less expensive.
- Ceramic brackets: These brackets are similar to metal brackets, but are made of ceramic materials that are more inconspicuous because they are similar to the natural color of the teeth. They are a popular choice for those who desire a more discreet appearance during treatment.
- Lingual orthodontics: This type of orthodontics uses brackets and wires placed on the back of the teeth, making them seemingly invisible. It is a very popular aesthetic option for adults, but may require a period of adaptation due to its position.
- Clear aligners: Clear aligners or invisible orthodontics, such as Invisalign, are the most popular choice among adults. They are made of transparent plastic and are removable, making it easier to eat and brush your teeth. These aligners are replaced, gradually guiding the teeth into the desired position.
Orthodontics improves dental esthetics, masticatory function and oral health, and allows for the correction of jaw and temporomandibular joint problems.
All types of orthodontics have their advantages and considerations. If you are thinking of starting orthodontic treatment in adulthood, we encourage you to make an appointment with our team of orthodontists in Granada. so we can evaluate your case and determine the best orthodontic option for you.